Bideford Canoe Club aims to be accessible to all and has a wide and varied membership. As a club, we always welcome new members and are happy for you to join us irrespective of whether you are a complete beginner or a world champion! We try to be a friendly club with a relaxed atmosphere so you are sure to fit in.
One of the biggest benefits of being in the club is that it offers you the opportunity to meet up and paddle with a group of like minded individuals. Being a member does however bring with it a whole host of other benefits:
- Use of club boats and equipment (for a nominal charge)
- Access to advice and coaching from qualified or experienced paddlers
- Regular and varied programme of trips and events to suit all
- Frequent pool sessions to hone those skills
- Active programme of social events
The cost of membership is dependent upon your circumstances. You can find the current membership rates in the table below.
|Youth / Student / Unemployed||£25|
|Family||Adult £35* Child £20|
* A £2 membership discount is available for those who are individual British Canoeing members. The additional charge is a requirement of BC as part of the club affiliation and covers mandatory insurance provision.
Membership fees are due every January however senior members joining at other times during the year will receive a discount of £1 per month thereafter.
You can join by simply completing the appropriate membership form (which you can download below) and returning it to the club secretary along with the required payment. If you are not sure if the club is for you then why not get in touch and then come along to a couple of sessions to try it out first. This will give you the opportunity to speak to some members and find out a bit more about the club.